Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Me and THEM

In the Ideal World:


Them: Hey, noticed on the schedule you e-mailed us on Monday that you had our meeting down for Wednesday. Just wanted you let you know that it's not on Wednesday but Tuesday.

Me: Well, thank you for letting me know my mistake. That's very thoughtful! Boy, I sure would feel like an idiot if I showed up on the wrong day... not to mention the hour drive I would have done for nothing.

Them: Yeah (sympathetic chuckle). No problem.




In the Real World:

Me: I'm here for the meeting!


Them: The meeting was yesterday.


Me: But...but I when I sent in my schedule...the schedule you insist on me sending you every week even when things don't usually change...I wrote in that the meeting was today. Didn't you notice?

Them: Yeah, we never really read those...






Fuck Them