Thursday, November 1, 2007

Until We Meet Again (at Camp Blood or Haddonfield) Some Sunny Day





During this Halloween season I got into the habit of coming home from work, settling down on the bed and flipping on "Monster Vision" - the usual marathon of horror movies AMC shows during this spooky time of year. After a long hard day, I would spend my evenings relaxing with Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers. I played my computer games while, in the background, multiple teenage lives were cut short.

"Bill? (or Steve or Jamie or Brady or whoever) Is that you?"

ch-ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah-ah

Oh indistinguishable teenage machete fodder, it is definitely not Bill
(or Sandy or Linda or...)


This afternoon, however, I return home, flip on the tv, turn to AMC and find...

Robert Redford

Oh well, I guess another Halloween has come and left us. No more Friday the 13th. No more Halloween. No more Final Chapters or New Beginnings or Return of's/Revenge of's/Curse of's. No more wondering "Does XII mean 7?" Au revoir, Jason and Michael. Until next year boys.

I knew it couldn't last forever, but I kinda miss you...
now that you're gone.

No comments: